Communication Coordinator LeaN ON - based in Yogyakarta (1 position)
September 09, 2020
Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is a German relief and social-welfare organisation engaged in a wide range of social service provision in Germany and abroad. ASB started working in Indonesia in 2006 following the Yogyakarta earthquake and in the Philippines in 2014 following Typhoon Haiyan. ASB Indonesia and the Philippines is committed to improving meaningful access and participation for all. Strengthening individuals, communities, organisations, networks and decision makers' capacities to create positive change, and enhance societies' ability to manage risk.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with an experience in developing and monitoring communication plans, public information, education, and communication, or similar activities to join our team:
Position Title : Communication Coordinator (1 Position)
Location : Yogyakarta
Contract Duration : until 31 December 2020, with possibility of extension
Expected start date : As soon as possible
Salary : ASB offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience
Closing date : Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Leaving No One behind through Outreach to People with Disabilities and the Most Marginalized Socioeconomic Groups on Public Education and Communications for COVID-19 Risk-Mitigation (LeaN ON) project aims to contribute to measures, led and coordinated by BNPB in the application of just-in-time communications to inform and implement inclusive risk-mitigation against COVID-19 transmission. Hence, persons with disabilities and other most at-risk groups are not left behind in adapting the new norm.
ASB leads the project implementation in Yogyakarta, Solo Raya and Surabaya. Outputs of the project includes:
1. Enhanced dissemination of inclusive COVID-19 risk and mitigation information;
2. Increased access to inclusive just-in-time information, COVID-19 risk-mitigation practices; and social protection scheme information for persons with disabilities and other at-risk groups;
3. The task force(s) at the national and local level are periodically informed about the COVID-19 risk-mitigation adoption and coping behaviors of people with disabilities and the most-marginalized member of societies, and
4. Persons with disabilities and other most at-risk group are linked to the social protection services/ schemes provided by the Government and other actors
Communication Coordinator will report to Community Engagement Manager and Country Director. This position is responsible to lead, develop, deliver, and review ASB LeaN On project communication strategy and plan.
Duties & Essential Job Function:
1. To consult with Country Director and Community Engagement Manager on the development, monitoring and improved implementation of ASB LeaN On project communication strategy including regular planning, activities, platforms, and media.
2. To work closely with Community Engagement Manager and Communication and Engagement Officer ensure the project capacity building and outreach activities are supported with high quality and accessible media and information, education, and communication (IEC) materials.
3. To lead in the development of visibility and IEC materials including audio visual and printed media with particular attention on content relevance and accessibility.
4. To establish monitoring and evaluation framework and tools including database for communication, promotion and community outreach activities.
5. To actively monitor communication and promotion activities implemented by the project team, local partners, and case workers, and to provide technical inputs as necessary.
6. To closely work with ASB and DiDRRN Communication and Information Coordinator develop and deliver an online, incorporating website and social media, communications strategy for the project with particular attention to the positive representation of at risk groups and the visibility of the project.
7. To work with partner’s communication and monitoring team members maintain, and improve the project online presence including websites and social media with regular quality updates and postings.
8. To work closely with the Community Engagement Manager and relevant project staffs to ensure regular quality communication, monitoring and evaluation of the project progress and achievements.
9. To provide support and technical assistance to project team and partners for promotion and visibility planning and implementation with particular attention to effectiveness and efficiency.
10.Professional coordination with project partners and key stakeholders as necessary.
11.To adhere to and ensure compliance with ASB’s Code of Conduct and guidelines and partner regulations in all communications.
12.To develop, organize, file and maintain ASB LeaN On communications materials including photographs, video and written media to be accessible and available to ASB’s project teams and donor reporting.
13.Establish, maintain and review common procedures and mechanisms for sharing of quality visibility and communications materials within the project.
14.To develop, organize and maintain standard project visibility materials for use by ASB project teams in line with ASB and partner visibility and communication guidelines including logos, banners, leaflets, posters, T-shirts or similar.
15.To ensure compliance with ASB and partner visibility and communication guidelines for all materials and communications produced by the project.
16.To explore new channels and approaches for communication and visibility of the project.
17.To support as necessary ASB’s emergency response team development and operations.
18.To comply with ASB security and safety guidelines, communication guideline, code of conduct and SOP.
Output: The main outputs and verifiable deliverables of the position are:
1. The delivery of the above to ensure project activities quality and support the successful implementation of the project.
2. High quality and accessible capacity building, communication and promotion materials are made available and sufficient.
3. Updated, improved and implemented ASB LeaN On project communication strategy.
4. The project communication strategy and work plan are regularly reviewed and updated at minimum monthly.
5. Project communication and outreach activities are effectively and regularly monitored and evaluated.
6. Issues regarding communication and outreach activities are identified, communicated and appropriately addressed.
7. Database for communication and outreach activities established and regularly updated.
8. Monthly summary report.
9. Regular ad hoc updates and communications with Country Director, project teams and other related staff.
10. Regular spoken updates to Community Engagement Manager.
11. The prompt reporting of underperformance issues and risks and recommendation of relevant solution to Community Engagement Manager and Country Director.
12. Monthly work log.
• Proven track record in marketing/social marketing, or similar.
• Proven track record in media and IEC materials development and publication including through utilisation of digital tools and platforms.
• Demonstrable success in engagement at scale through publication and social media.
• Ability to pitch key messages to varied audiences.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Excellent writing and/or reporting skills.
• Creativity and the ability to grasp and communicate new ideas quickly.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation communication, promotion, outreach or similar activities.
• Excellent inter-personal skills.
• Ability to work with a range of partners and stakeholders
• Knowledge of key issues in DRR and COVID-19 response an advantage.
• Understanding of disability and social inclusion an advantage.
• Critical thinking and a creative approach to problem solving highly valued.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit applications to email@example.com. Applications should include:
a. Application letter outlining your interest
b. CV of no more than 2 pages clearly describing your qualifications for this position
c. Contacts of 3 professional referees
Please use the following format in the subject line: ASB IDN2004 – LeaN On Communication Coordinator – [Your Name]
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only electronic applications accepted and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.