Administration & Logistic Officer (1 Position) - based in Palu
January 29, 2020
Position Title : Administration & Logistic Officer (1 Position)
Location : Palu
Contract Duration : 4 Months
Expected start date : March 2020
Vacancy : Local hire (Central Sulawesi)
Salary : ASB offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience
Closing date : Sunday, 9 February 2020
Project 1. Strengthening local capacities for inclusive early recovery post-earthquake and tsunami in Central Sulawesi
The project seeks for providing humanitarian reliefs to the earthquake and tsunami affected people in Central Sulawesi through the provision of water treatment, sanitation, hygiene kits and hygiene distribution in community and school settings. The project complements the previous emergency response project in particular for support to early recovery context.
Project 2. Strengthening disaster preparedness of health centres through improved crisis management and establishment of linkage to community-based disaster risk reduction mechanisms in Central Sulawesi
The project is seeking for an operational mechanism to establish and strengthen linkage between community health centre and the surrounding communities in term of disaster preparedness and response through capacity building activities, technical assistance in developing SOP/contingency plan, joined exercises as well as support for the improvement of health centre accessibility and disaster preparedness infrastructure. The project seeks to comply with Safe Hospital and Resilient Village programme guideline in order to be relevant with the government policies and priority. The project is implemented in the same working areas as above project. The project activities were designed to complement the above project in particular to further support the strengthening of community disaster preparedness structure/mechanisms.
Further, both projects are promoting an inclusive and people-centred approach during the project implementation to ensure the proposed measures and expected results are relevant to everyone including to most at-risk groups such as persons with disabilities, women and older persons. To achieve this, both projects are implemented in partnership with local Disabled People Organisations working group (DPOs WG).
The Administration and Logistic Officer will assist the Project Finance and Administration Manager to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day logistics activities of ASB Field Office in Palu, in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Administration and Logistic Officer will be responsible for carrying out procurement activities, tracking stocks and assets, overseeing drivers and transport needs of staff, ensuring that offices and warehouse are well maintained, and that staff have what they need to carry out program activities in a timely, efficient manner.
Duties & Essential Job Function:
1. Responsible to arrange meeting venues, hotels, ticket, travel insurance, accommodation, etc for staff or overseas visitors.
2. Responsible to manage procurement of any goods and services with any forms of tender as compliance of ASB’s regulation and documents required in a timely manner.
3. In collaboration with the requester to ensure the quality and quantity of any goods and service as compliance with the needs and standard.
4. Responsible to manage asset on register, tagging, maintenance and disposal as compliance of ASB’s regulation and documents required
5. Responsible to manage supplies and logistic on stock, purchase, record, and documentations as compliance with ASB’s regulation and standards
6. Responsible to manage incoming and outgoing ASB correspondence, billing, as well as documents required
7. Responsible to manage general maintenance of office, setting office including any equipment and warehouse arrangement
8. Responsible to manage driver and security’s schedule
9. Responsible to handling any of complain about internet, laptop, camera, etc
10.Arrange and follow up service and repairs and be responsible for technical inspection of all vehicles as required.
11.Coordinate closely with program teams to ensure efficient planning of daily transport needs.
12.Oversee the rental of vehicles when necessary and according to established procurement procedures.
13.Responsible to manage personal billing for phone and vehicle usage.
14.Manage warehouse by following up items in and out; keep accurate and up to date inventories of any stock held and replenish and distribute in line with the program’s requirements.
15.Maintain organized and accurate files of all Administration and Logistics related documents and records, make sure they are updated and readily available whenever needed.
16.To comply with ASB security and safety guidelines and code of conduct and actively contribute to a safe, secure and healthy working environment for all team members, partners and beneficiaries
17.To support ASB emergency response-related activities including active contribution to Emergency Response Team (ERT)
18.Any other duties as advised by Project Finance and Administration Manager that are in relation to the project
Output: The main outputs and verifiable deliverables of the position are:
1. Monthly work log.
2. Asset Register
3. Monthly vehicle log summary.
4. Private use billing for phone and vehicle.
5. Documented files (staff’s document, security schedule, driver schedule, summary vehicle log documents, procurement related files) – soft copies and hard copies
6. Project Manager and project teams are well supported.
• At least (3) three years’ experience in administration, logistics or a related area of work, especially procurement of building material;
• Working experience in an NGO is an advantage;
• Proven Computer Literacy;
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences;
• Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts;
• Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies;
• Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and intermediate written and spoken English Language skills.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications to email@example.com. Applications should include:
a. Application letter outlining your interest
b. CV of no more than 2 pages clearly describing your qualifications for this position
c. Contacts of 3 professional referees
Please use the following format in the subject line: ASB IDN1803 – Administration & Logistic Officer – [Your Name]
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer.
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only electronic applications accepted and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.