Accountant and Administration Officer - based in Kupang (1 position)
December 21, 2018
Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is one of Germany‘s oldest and largest social welfare organisations. ASB has over 200 offices in Germany and a membership of 1.1 million. Core activities include the provision of public medical and rescue services alongside an extensive range of social service provision. Overseas, ASB‘s Foreign Aid Department operates mainly in the fields of humanitarian relief, return and reintegration, development and disaster risk reduction (DRR).
ASB Indonesia and the Philippines aims to build resilience through inclusive and risk aware development. ASB has been working in Indonesia, in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs, since 2006. In Indonesia ASB works directly with partners and communities, and in support of government, to empower and build resilience through an inclusive, all-of-society approach. A key component of the work that ASB does across the region is implementing and promoting inclusive risk aware practice. ASB is also a founding member of the Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction Network (DiDRRN).
As part of an initial recruitment process, ASB is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
Accountant and Administration Officer
Location: Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT)
Duration: until 31 December 2019
Start: 1 February 2019
Vacancy: National position
Salary: ASB offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience
Closing: 6 January 2019
“Putting the Sendai Framework into action: Realizing all-of-society commitment through the meaningful participation of persons with disabilities in disaster risk reduction at regional, national and local levels” is a consortium programme implemented by DiDRRN members, i.e. ASB, Center for Disability and Development (CDD), Christian Blind Mission (CBM), Malteser International (MI) and Pacific Disability Forum (PDF). In this set-up ASB will be in charge of overall programme management including monitoring, evaluation and learning. Furthermore, ASB will be in charge of coordination with and reporting to donor.
The programme will consist of activities at local, national and regional level. Activities at regional level will be implemented in collaboration between DiDRRN members with focus on collecting and disseminating disability-inclusive DRR (DiDRR) evidences and learnings to influence Sendai Framework for DRR (SFDRR) processes and mechanisms. Activities at local and national level will be implemented by individual DiDRRN member organizations and their local partners in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Myanmar, and Pacific Islands. During the implementation of the project, DiDRRN members will closely collaborate with governmental structures as well as other key stakeholders in the field of disability and DRR to seek for the realization and scale up of DiDRR practices through all-of-society approach.
Country-level activities in Indonesia is specifically aimed to building institutionalised DiDRR capacity through improvement of capacity transfer mechanism and strengthening of governance at the village level in terms of DiDRR. Key focus of the project will include facilitation of strong partnership between provincial Village Community Empowerment Agency (DPMD), Local Disaster Management Office (BPBD), Disabled People Organizations (DPOs) and other related stakeholders in East Nusa Tenggara (Nusa Tenggara Timur/NTT), with 2 sample districts include Kabupaten Kupang and Timor Tengah Selatan.
The Accountant and Administration Officer will support the project implementation in Kupang, with a particular focus on finance and administration. This position will be managed by the Finance Coordinator and Team Leader and will work closely with programme staff to ensure all programme, admin and financial activities meet internal standards, as well as expectations and regulations of donors, project partners and the Indonesian and Philippines government.
Duties & Essential Job Function:
1. Responsible to manage daily transactions and record the transactions of petty cash and bank into accounting system (FTL).
2. Responsible to manage, review and authorize payment as finance visa from project activities IDN1702 in line with ASB financial regulation.
3. Responsible to register and update the cash advance.
4. Responsible to manage replenishment of petty cash, fund installment from ASB Indonesia Office in Yogyakarta to ensure enough funds is available for IDN 1702 project activities.
5. Responsible to prepare monthly tax reporting.
6. In charge for conducting regular cash count and bank reconciliation at the minimum in monthly basis.
7. Responsible to finalize monthly financial reporting in compliance with ASB’s accounting system standards (Fundtrac), ASB’s and back donor’s financial requirements.
8. Responsible to review and ensure accuracy of overtime payment for driver and cleaner in ASB Kupang Office, and support the Human Resource and Administration Manager in collecting the worklogs, leave, insurance and other relevant HR documents and information from driver and cleaner.
9. Responsible for a timely, complete, and up-to-date hard and soft copy filing of all financial documents that meet ASB requirements, and ensure the entire documents are ready for external audits (if necessary).
10.Take on roles in supporting the Team Leader on overseeing the day to day operation of ASB Kupang Office, and in conducting forecast as well as budget monitoring to ensure cost efficiency and effectiveness according to ASB’s and back donor’s financial requirements.
11.Take on supporting roles in ASB’s Emergency Response Team as necessary.
12.Undertaking other roles to support ASB programmes as required by the Finance Coordinator and Team Leader.
13.To comply with ASB security and safety guidelines and code of conduct and actively contribute to a safe, secure and healthy working environment for all team members, partners and beneficiaries.
Output: The main outputs and verifiable deliverables of the position are:
1. Completed monthly report (FTL and hard copy files) available no later than the end of the first week of the following month.
2. Cash count, cash register and bank reconciliation are undertaken every month in a timely manner.
3. Completed filing and scanning of vouchers in the respective month.
4. Completed monthly tax report.
5. All IDN 1702 finance and admin needs are met, following ASB requirements and undertaken in a timely manner.
6. Regular coordination and updates with line manager.
7. Monthly work log.
• Minimum Diploma (D3) in accounting, business administration or other related field.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with previous experience in Finance and Accounting is essential.
• Knowledge of Indonesian Tax Law.
• Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate and understand English an asset.
• Flexible, able to multi-task, able to work independently and work well in under pressure as a team player in a multicultural environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Fully computer literate and proficient in Microsoft office.
• Experience in working in recognized international NGO an asset.
• Willingness to travel and be flexible in the situation of emergency.
Qualified applicants should send:
a. Application letter outlining your interest
b. Curriculum vitae max: 2 pages clearly describing your relevant qualifications and experience
c. Contacts of 3 professional referees.
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: IDN_DiDRRN_ACCOUNTANT & ADMIN
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only electronic applications accepted and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.