Emergency Response Finance and Administration Manager - based in Palu (1 position)
December 21, 2018
Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is one of Germany‘s oldest and largest social welfare organisations. ASB has over 200 offices in Germany and a membership of 1.1 million. Core activities include the provision of public medical and rescue services alongside an extensive range of social service provision. Overseas, ASB‘s Foreign Aid Department operates mainly in the fields of humanitarian relief, return and reintegration, development and disaster risk reduction (DRR).
ASB Indonesia and the Philippines aims to build resilience through inclusive and risk aware development. ASB has been working in Indonesia, in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs, since 2006. In Indonesia ASB works directly with partners and communities, and in support of government, to empower and build resilience through an inclusive, all-of-society approach. A key component of the work that ASB does across the region is implementing and promoting inclusive risk aware practice. ASB is also a founding member of the Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction Network (DiDRRN).
As part of an initial recruitment process, ASB is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
Emergency Response Finance and Administration Manager
Location: Palu, Central Sulawesi
Duration: until 31 December 2019
Start: 18 March 2019
Vacancy: National position
Salary: ASB offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience
Closing: 20 January 2019
The ER Finance and Admin Manager will support the implementation ASB/ Solidar Suisse ER Project implementation in Central Sulawesi, with a particular focus on finance and administration. This position will be supervised by the Finance Manager and Project Manager and will work closely with logistician and other project staff to ensure all project, admin and financial activities meet internal standards, as well as expectations and regulations of donors, project partners and Indonesian government.
Duties & Essential Job Function:
1. Manage overall financial management of Palu Field Office.
2. Manage daily transactions and record the transactions of petty cash and bank into accounting system (FTL).
3. Manage, review and authorise payment from project activities in line with ASB, donor and partner financial regulation.
4. Manage replenishment of fund from ASB Indonesia Office in Yogyakarta to ensure enough funds is available for project activities.
5. Prepare monthly tax reporting.
6. In charge for conducting regular cash count and bank reconciliation at the minimum in monthly basis.
7. Prepare monthly financial reporting in compliance with ASB’s accounting system standards (Fundtrac), ASB’s and back donor’s financial requirements.
8. Review and ensure accuracy of overtime payment for driver and security in ASB Palu Office, and support the Human Resource and Administration Manager in collecting the worklogs, leave, insurance and other relevant HR documents and information from driver and cleaner.
9. Responsible for a timely, complete, and up-to-date hard and soft copy filing of all financial documents that meet ASB requirements, and ensure the entire documents are ready for external audits (if necessary).
10. Take on roles in supporting the Project Manager in overseeing the day to day operation of ASB Palu Office, and in conducting forecast as well as budget monitoring to ensure cost efficiency and effectiveness according to ASB’s and back donor’s financial requirements.
11. Provision of finance and operational technical support, capacity building to ASB staff, partners and related stakeholders.
12. To comply with ASB security and safety guidelines and code of conduct and actively contribute to a safe, secure and healthy working environment for all team members, partners and beneficiaries.
Output: The main outputs and verifiable deliverables of the position are:
1. Financial compliance with ASB’s, partner, and back donor requirements
2. Completed monthly report (FTL and hard copy files) available not later than the end of the first week of the following month.
3. Cash count, cash register and bank reconciliation are undertaken every month in a timely manner.
4. Completed filing and scanning of vouchers in the respective month.
5. Completed monthly tax report.
6. All IDN 1804 finance and admin procedures and needs are met, following ASB requirements and undertaken in a timely manner.
7. Regular coordination and updates with line manager.
8. Monthly work log.
• Minimum S1 in accounting, business administration or other related field.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with previous experience in Finance and Accounting is essential.
• Knowledge of Indonesian Tax Law.
• Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate and understand English an asset.
• Flexible, able to multi-task, able to work independently and work well in under pressure as a team player in a multicultural environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Fully computer literate and proficient in Microsoft office.
• Experience in working in recognized international NGO an asset.
• Willingness to travel and be flexible in the situation of emergency.
Qualified applicants should send:
a. Application letter outlining your interest
b. Curriculum vitae max: 2 pages clearly describing your relevant qualifications and experience
c. Contacts of 3 professional referees.
Applications to: email@example.com using the subject line: IDN_ER_FAM
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only electronic applications accepted and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.