Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is one of Germany‘s oldest and largest social welfare organisations. ASB has over 200 offices in Germany and a membership of 1.1 million. Core activities include the provision of public medical and rescue services alongside an extensive range of social service provision. Overseas, ASB‘s Foreign Aid Department operates mainly in the fields of humanitarian relief, return and reintegration, development and disaster risk reduction (DRR).
ASB Indonesia and the Philippines aims to build resilience through inclusive and risk aware development. ASB has been working in Indonesia, in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs, since 2006. In Indonesia ASB works directly with partners and communities, and in support of government, to empower and build resilience through an inclusive, all-of-society approach. A key component of the work that ASB does across the region is implementing and promoting inclusive risk aware practice. ASB is also a founding member of the Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction Network (DiDRRN).
As part of an initial recruitment process, ASB is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
SENIOR PROJECT OFFICER
Duration: until September 2018
Vacancy: National position
Salary: ASB offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience
Closing: 2 Januari 2018
The "Institutionalizing Disaster Preparedness and Management Capacity of BPBDs in Indonesia through Technical Assistance and Training Teams" program (TATTs) is a USAID-funded consortium aimed at increasing disaster management capacity at the sub-national level. Led by Mercy Corps Indonesia, the consortium includes national and international civil society and private sector partners encompassing disaster management professionals, academics and specialists in inclusion and disability in 8 provinces.
ASB is delivering and ensuring the TATTs project is inclusive with providing 4 roles of capacity building on inclusion, mentoring on inclusion, remote support and supporting the establishment of Disability Service Unit.
This position is primarily to support in the institutionalisation of disability-inclusive disaster management capacities within BPBD in 8 TATTs consortium project areas (West Sumatera, Central Java, East Java, Southesat Sulawesi, Maluku, North Maluku, Papua and West Papua). Senior Project Officer is to assist in coordination and delivery of field activities in collaboration with key project stakeholders particularly BPBD and Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) in the 8 provinces and TATTs consortium members (Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia, LINGKAR, University Forum for DRR and Cardno). The incumbent is also to lead capacity building and training facilitation and respective learning documentation. The Senior Project Officer reports to Project Manager and Project Coordinator and is expected to work closely with other project members. The position includes both field and office work.
Duties & Essential Job Function:
1. To coordinate with key stakeholders and partners, especially BPBD and DPOs in TATTs provinces.
2. To lead in delivery of high-quality trainings and related capacity-building activities.
3. To ensure trainings are actively-participatory, inclusive, practically focused and relevant.
4. To work with Project Cooordinator and Project Officers in planning and preparing meetings, workshops and trainings and to ensure in close coordination with the team members that relevant material, documents and equipment are prepared in advance of the events.
5. To work with Project Manager and Project Coordinator in monitoring and evaluation of trainings and workshops and quality control.
6. To document capacity building activities in line with ASB and partner expectations and requirements.
7. To actively promote and ensure the inclusion of at-risk groups with due regard to gender, age, income and disability in all activities.
8. To assist in administering and documenting trainings and related activities including training logs, training content and information regarding number of people trained and how, when and where.
9. To ensure all field, or related, activities are properly documented and are readily available for internal and external reporting processes.
10. To ensure all project documentation is gender, age and disability aware and that all documentation is suitably disaggregated by gender, age and disability.
11. To support ASB emergency response-related activities including active contribution to Emergency Response Team (ERT)
12. To comply with ASB security and safety guidelines and code of conduct and actively contribute to a safe, secure and healthy working environment for all team members, partners and beneficiaries.
Output: The main outputs and verifiable deliverables of the consultancy are:
1. The delivery of the above to ensure project activities quality and support the successful implementation of projects.
2. Necessary training or capacity building materials developed.
3. Training monitoring and evaluations completed
4. Activity reports.
5. Notes and minutes, and summary reports of formal and informal meetings concerning coordination, survey and training.
6. Regular spoken updates to Project Manager and Project Coordinator.
7. The prompt reporting of underperformance issues and risks to Project Manager and Project Coordinator.
8. Monthly work log.
1. University degree in social sciences or other related subjects.
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in disaster management and/or relevant sectors.
3. Demonstrate understanding of inclusion principles and show capability to put it into practice.
4. Knowledge and skills on institutionalised capacity building and organisational development is an asset.
5. Experience in engagement with, and ensuring participation of stakeholders at all level.
6. Experience in organizing workshops, meetings or trainings at sub-national and national level.
7. Ability and willingness to travel to project locations
8. Excellent reporting skills.
9. Excellent communication skills.
10. Bahasa Indonesia and English language skills.
11. Enthusiasm, critical thinking and a creative approach to problem solving highly valued.
Qualified applicants should send:
a. Application letter outlining your interest
b. CV of no more than 2 pages clearly describing their qualifications for this position
c. Contacts of 3 professional referees
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: IDN_1404_SPO
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only electronic applications accepted and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.